10.25.2013

Week 1 of Fall Break

Helloooo! This first week without school has been oh-so wonderful. I took full advantage of my days free by sightseeing and trying new things in Paris. One day I went to the Centre Pompidou which has a far better modern art museum than the one I went to last week. Big score. I also visited Père Lachaise, the huge, well-known cemetery where people like Jim Morrison, Oscar Wilde and Edith Piaf were buried. It was super creepy but very cool to see. I kept busy during the week by running along the river near my house, indulging in the best food possible and doing spontaneous things with friends at night.

The coolest thing I did this week (by far) was visit Versailles. It's the most extravagant establishment/area I've ever seen and the gardens are beyond gorgeous. The history is unlike anything we have in America so it was kind of mind blowing. Me and my friends spent 7 hours there wandering the ginormous gardens (it officially made me feel like it's fall), eating French food and exploring the palace. It was a really fun day. Now I'm off to Greece for 11 days - Athens, Santorini and Mykonos here I come!

My running route

Modern Art at Pompidou


Awesome Roy Lichtenstein exhibit

Père Lachaise

Jim Morrison

Oscar Wilde

VERSAILLES!


Where the peasants lived






My favorite.


No comments:

Post a Comment