10.13.2013

Lately

Hey party people! Still alive and well in Paris. After being here for just over a month now, I finally feel really settled in. I know the metro/lay of the land like the back of my hand, I've got a great group of friends, I've kinda figured out the school thing, I'm exploring more of the city with and without friends and I'm doing more cooking at home. It feels really good to be comfortable in all my surroundings and not feel so much like a visitor anymore. I wouldn't go so far as to say I feel Parisian, cause I haven't adopted smoking or stopped wearing deodorant, but I definitely feel like I fit in. One thing that's changed recently is the weather. It's freaking freezing... If this is the beginning of fall, I am seriously concerned about December.

Earlier in the week was relaxed with lots of focused school work since midterms start tomorrow. I did a lot of exploring on my own, venturing to a (strictly French speaking) spa to get my eyebrows waxed and visiting stores to do research on a French perfumery for one of my classes. It was really nice to roam the city on my own time, just taking in everything I was seeing for the first time and treating myself to little things like macaroons from LadureĆ©. Thursday, me and my girlfriends went out to a club near the Arc de Triomph and dance our booties off. Friday, I had one easy midterm then me and my friends went to get Mexican food for the first time since being here. It definitely satisfied my long awaiting craving. A little later, we went to the Louvre for round 2. The place is seriously massive so there's no way you can just go once (even if art history isn't your thing). That night we hit up some bars and Saturday I roamed around Saint Germain with my Australian friend Mikaela then went to a club with my group of girlies so it was definitely a fun-filled and overall successful weekend. Now it's time to study for midterms.. bleh. xoxo!

Heaven! Bomb ass tacos near Republique

Napoleon's little apartment at the Louvre

Sierra, me, Mikaela, Shelby and Ellie

Dinner for two

The famous Cafe Flore. (Don't be deceived - it was 50 degrees & freezing! But still a gorgeous day in Saint Germain)

No comments:

Post a Comment