10.20.2013

Fall Break!

I survived the week of Parisian midterms and they were way less intense than expected. There was more hype around the school because of it... and because we are now on vacation for two weeks! We only get a week off for Thanksgiving at SF State so this is definitely a treat. Unfortunately, I had one asshole professor (who I have two classes with) push back his tests till after the break - but I intend to forget about advertising and international marketing while I'm on vacation. Speaking of, I'm headed to Greece on Friday for 11 days with my roommate Minh. We have a short stay in Athens but are mostly spending our time on the islands of Mykonos (party) and Santorini (pretty). My great-grandparents on my dad's side are from Astros, Greece so I'm really looking forward to spending some quality time in the land of my peeps.

My weekend here in Paris was packed with touristy outings, fun stuff and warm-ish weather. I saw Jay Z in concert on Thursday which was absolutely insane. Parisians LOVE him, he's a great performer with sooo many classics and he gets to touch Beyoncé regularly... so he's basically the best. On Friday, I finally went to the Museé d'Orsay with my friends Mikaela and Shelby. I loved seeing all the impressionist art and work from super famous artists like Monet, Manet and Van Gogh. We then ventured to over to Chipotle which was just as good as home but almost better cause I hadn't had it so long and Mexican food is such a rarity in Paris. Later that night, we headed to an Australian bar with lots of dancing and had a super fun evening, only completed by ham and cheese crepes at 4am. Did I mention I like it here? Saturday I went to the Museé d'Art Modern with Mikaela. It was pretty underwhelming but modern art is my favorite so I was happy to see a handful of cool pieces. We then walked over to the Notre Dame area, checked out the famous Shakespeare & Co. bookstore (which was totally magical) and then wandered along the river to check out the street art and book vendors. We took our time across the bridge and headed to La Marais to get some massive falafels and check out a few stores. In case you were wondering, I'm not starving myself here. Here are some pics from the week:

view from le museé d'art moderne

museé d'art moderne

loved this color combo

TV robot @ museé d'art moderne

the famous bookstore!


the one and only Jay Z

inside the museé d'orsay

one of many cool bridges in paris

tuileries garden

me doing my favorite thing

No comments:

Post a Comment