10.07.2013

Montemarte

On Friday, my culture professor took our class of international students to the historically artistic and bohemian area of Montemarte. It's one of those places that is so quintessentially Parisian to me, based on the fact that I've watched the movie Moulin Rouge about 50 times. It was my first time seeing the gorgeous Sacre Coeur church which is located at the highest point, overlooking all of Paris. It's seriously a breathtaking view and the inside is just as beautiful. I wasn't allowed to take pictures of the inside but shout out to my fam - I lit a candle for you lovies. After the church, we all headed over to the Salvador Dali museum which I really enjoyed because I'm more of a modern art enthusiast and I recognized a lot of his work. After walking around Montemarte a little more, about 11 of us went to a fondue place where you drink wine out of baby bottles and have unlimited meat and cheese goodies. I had already been there for a friend's birthday and knew it'd be super fun with a big group. I definitely can't wait till my next time wandering the streets of Montemarte!

The Sacre Coeur
Salvador Dali Museum

La Maison Rose
The (cloudy) view from the Sacre Coeur

From the movie "Amelie"

One of my favorite movies!

Trying to organize a can-can dance....

International students

At the top of the Sacre Coeur

Heading up to the Sacre Coeur

Listening to my professor talk about the history of Montemarte

No comments:

Post a Comment