9.18.2013

Vogue's Fashion Night Out

Last night, Vogue hosted its 5th annual "Fashion Night Out" in the 1st arrondissement (fancy neighborhood) of Paris. It's a night of impeccably dressed Parisians, free champagne, DJs and luxury couture. Anyone is able to attend the event - you just have to buy a Vogue or GQ magazine to get the ticket. So, upon buying the September issue of Vogue on my way to class, I naturally started panicking about what to wear. My roommates Allison and Minh felt the same so we all spent a solid hour changing outfits, attempting to find the perfect ensembles and then obsessing about our hair. We met up with our international group/culture class and started the walk down Rue du Faubourg Sainte Honoré, where only the best of the best luxury brands have their "maisons."

Allison and I somehow (or maybe purposely) got detached from the group early on and started visiting designers such as Gucci, Bottega Veneta and Prada, to name a few. We strolled from store to store, drinking free champagne, enamored with all the beautiful and well-crafted clothes and accessories. I fell in love with a pair of Prada booties that I still can't stop thinking about. (Only 650 euros if anyone's feeling generous!) The whole event was just a fashionista's dream come true and for me it was just really cool to watch the Parisian fashion scene light up like it did. It was a really special night and a fabulous excuse to throw on my fur coat, faux leather leggings and red lipstick. Allison and I ended the night with some friends at a Canadian bar where everyone speaks English, American football is on TV and you can get the best poutine (gravy & cheese fries) of your life. Needless to say, it's our new favorite place.

My empire (http://www.leonard-paris.com/)

View of the street from the top floor of a boutique

After the event

No comments:

Post a Comment