9.10.2013

One week down

I have been going non-stop since I got to Paris last Monday. Every single day has been a new adventure, whether it's going to a museum, a nightclub or even just a cafe in my neighborhood. I've been surviving the language barrier better than I thought but it's mostly because Parisians are super nice and know at least a little English if you ask. The past week has been a blur and it's actually hard to imagine I've only been here for a week since I've done so much! One evening, all the international students from my school went on a cruise in the river and saw a bunch of famous Parisian landmarks like Musée d'Orsay and Notre Dame. After, we all went to my professor's favorite Irish pub in the 1st arrondissement to get to know each other... and to drink beer, obvi. My professor told me ahead of time that we'd be doing this so I planned for some good ol' American fun: Beer pong and flip cup. All the international students caught on quickly and had so much fun... and I will probably forever be known as the crazy American. I guess there's worse to be called.

I started school yesterday and am already excited for the semester. My classes are: Luxury Brand Management, Entrepreneurship, New Marking Trends, Advertising, and French Culture. I have one class a day and most of them start at 2pm so if you know me well,  you know I'm in heaven. So far, my teachers have been incredibly passionate and smart about what they're teaching. My school is super small so you see all the same people everyday which facilitates easy friend-making. It's almost like a high school... but smaller. I really, really like it so far.

The pictures below are from a walking tour I went on as a part of my "French Culture & Civilization" class. The class is all the international students aforementioned, forever ruined by flip cup. On the walking tour, we went to the Grand Palais and the Petite Palais, Pont Alexandre III, Hotel Des Invalides and Musée Rodin. The architecture here is incredible and not just at these famous places but literally everywhere. After the walking tour, I went with some new friends to St. Germain, a gorgeous neighborhood with tons of cute restaurants and really well dressed people. It's definitely the place to be. My sleeping schedule is all off so that's it for now but another update will come soon! xo

Musée Rodin

"The Thinker"

The Seine

No comments:

Post a Comment