9.04.2013

Favorites, so far

It didn't take long for me to fall in love. No, not with a suave French guy, but with this city. Paris is amazing in so many different ways but here are a few of my favorite things so far:

- You don't have to wait longer than 4 minutes for a metro train
- Fresh bread... EVERYWHERE
- Delicious champagne & wine for just 2 euros (and 2 euros comes in the form of a coin so you really feel like it's cheap)
- There's a huge park called Bois de Boulogne in my neighborhood where I ran with my roommate Allison. The sightseeing/people watching there is awesome... people racing little boats in the lake, lots of cute dogs, sunbathing lovers and prostitution (whaaaat? yes. in broad daylight.)
- McDonald's is not just for poor, fat people
- Most French people so far think my "valley girl French" is endearing, not annoying. Phew!
- French sirens sound like they do in the movies. It reminds me of Madeline/the 1920s
- French guys in designer business suits riding motorcycles/vespas... holy hotness

Some things that kinda suck:
- I saw a HUGE rat in the metro
- Just kidding, nothing sucks here

The view from my room:

1 comment: