11.25.2013

les lumières

As I've mentioned before, Paris is in full force Christmas mode. There are decorative, elaborate lights everywhere you go in the city - it's beyond charming. In my last post I said I was looking forward to having a relaxed week/weekend and I'm proud to say that's exactly what I did! We celebrated my roommate Minh's birthday Wednesday with a fun fondue dinner out in the Latin Quarter and the following day, we saw the lights turn on at the Champs Elyseés. Now the long strip is covered with shiny, sparkly colors and decorations. (I don't have a picture because my phone died while we were out). The rest of the weekend consisted of having a look around the famous Operá Garnier, trying  the delicious Pierre Hermé macaroons, getting to taste the new Beaujolais wine and hanging out at home a lot. The Beaujolais wine is a huuuge deal apparently because the night it debuted, everyone was celebrating with music and at almost every restaurant or wine bar, they were promoting it. Anyway, now I'm relaxed and ready to go for this weekend: A Parisian Thanksgiving and fun with my SF friend Ryan!

Ferris Wheel at Place de la Concorde
Tempting Treats at the Christmas Market
An example of there being lights everywhere you go
chi chis! (churros)
The best macaroons EVER from Pierre Hermé

Le Operá Garnier

Inside the Opera

View of charming Paris from inside the Opera

The new Beaujolais vin!

No comments:

Post a Comment